Friday, July 31, 2009

Days of Summer

Still playing catch up - here's a recap of Logan at 8 months.

In June we stayed in North Wildwood. Rob's parents rented a shore house for the week for Grandpa's 60th birthday.

I couldn't believe there could be such a beautiful house in Wildwood.
I'm such a Jersey Shore snob.

The only problem was that it was cold!
And cloudy and rainy - our street even flooded one day.

We had a few sunshine filled hours in Cape May. So we walked around a bit and had dinner at a restaurant on the beach. Here's Logan and Aunt Rachie.

I don't really have any other shore pics.
I wasn't very camera happy that week.

We went to Jersey again and played one afternoon with Ava and Gabby outside. I really love this shot I got of Ava - I had made the girls a bunch of little clover bouquets.

This June was also our 4th wedding anniversary. Rob's best friend Danny also tied the knot this month and here's a shot from his reception. (side note: don't cut your hair short in the summer if it's wavy - it will never behave)

At 8 months, Logan continued to grow fast and learn new things. Rob taught him how to hold his bottle all by himself. He also has begun babbling consonants - first it was MaMaMaMaMa but since then everything is DaDaDaDaDa!

Also had to graduate to a big boy car seat, which he loves.

Really started getting into books this month. Here he is "reading."

Champion napper as well. Went down to 2 naps per day now.

I volunteer about once a week and work in community gardens that our interfaith group have planted. All the harvested produce goes to our local food pantry. Logan always has to come with me. I tried to get a nice photo but all he wanted to do was eat rocks.

At the beginning of July there was an Edwards family reunion up in northeastern PA. After lunch I walked outside to find that Logan was quite thrilled to be testing out the four wheeler. Lots of joyful yelling.

Aunt Patty and Uncle Jeff had a beautiful yard to play in with a pond where the kids spent the day fishing.

Logan was pretty tuckered out after all that fun.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

A book lover already. Not only does he look like a Quigley but has a love for books just like you, he must be a mama's boy.

It was fun chatting with you yesterday. We certainly need to do it more often.

Quig I Am said...

I love the pic of him sleeping in his car seat with his little wavy hair! So cute!